Edibles, or cannabis-infused foods, are a popular way to consume marijuana, offering a different experience than smoking or vaping. However, not everyone who tries edibles experiences the desired “high.” There are several reasons why this may be the case.
- Metabolism and body composition: Everyone’s metabolism and body composition are different, and these factors play a role in how quickly and effectively edibles are absorbed into the body. People with faster metabolisms may not feel the effects as strongly or for as long as those with slower metabolisms. Body fat content also affects how long edibles take to take effect, as THC is stored in fat cells.
- Dosage: Edibles can be tricky to dose, as the effects can take a while to kick in and can last much longer than smoking or vaping. It is important to start with a low dose, especially for first-time users, and to wait at least an hour before consuming more. Taking too much can result in a less enjoyable experience, and can even lead to unpleasant symptoms like anxiety or paranoia.
- Quality and potency: The quality and potency of edibles can vary greatly, and it is important to choose products from a reputable source. If the edibles you are consuming are not potent enough, you may not feel the desired effects, even if you take a larger dose.
- Tolerance: Regular cannabis users may have a higher tolerance for THC, which means they may need to consume more edibles to feel the effects. This can also make it harder for them to feel the effects of edibles, even if they are high-quality and properly dosed.
- Individual differences: Some people may simply be more sensitive to THC, and others may have an adverse reaction to it. This is why it is always important to start with a low dose and to listen to your body, as everyone reacts differently.
In conclusion, there are several reasons why edibles may not get some people high, including metabolism, body composition, dosage, quality and potency, tolerance, and individual differences. If you are trying edibles for the first time, it is important to start with a low dose and to choose a high-quality product from a reputable source. Listen to your body and be mindful of the effects, and never consume more than you feel comfortable with.